FIVE REASONS WHY TITLE INSURANCE IS SO IMPORTANT
1. PROTECTS YOUR LARGEST INVESTMENT – A home is probably the single largest investment you will make in your life. You insure everything else that’s valuable to you – your life, car, health, pets, etc., so why not your largest investment? For a one-time fee, owner’s title insurance protects your property ownership rights from liens, claims and judgments prior to ownership for as long as you or your heirs own your home.
2. REDUCES YOUR RISK – If you’re buying a home, there are many hidden issues that may pop up only after you purchase your home. Getting an owner’s title insurance policy is the best way to protect yourself from unforeseen legal and financial title discrepancies. Don’t think it will happen to you? Think again. Unexpected title claims can include: outstanding mortgages and judgments, or a lien against the property because the seller has not paid his taxes; pending legal action against the property that could affect you; and an unknown heir of a previous owner who is claiming ownership of the property.
3. YOU CAN’T BEAT THE VALUE – Owner’s title insurance is a one-time fee that’s very low relative to the value it provides. It typically costs around 0.5 percent of the home’s purchase price.
4. NOTHING COMPARES – Homeowners insurance and warranties protect only the structure and belongings of your home. Getting owner’s title insurance ensures your family’s property ownership rights are protected from liens, claims and judgments prior to closing.
5. PROVIDES PEACE OF MIND – If you’re buying a home, owner’s title insurance lets you rest assured, knowing that you’re protected from inheriting any existing title problems, once you’ve closed on your new home.